Who we are
Ancotrans is a market leader within container road transport and one of Denmark’s oldest family owned and managed companies (owned 40/60% by Henrik Steenbjerge 4th. generation and Anne Kathrine Steenbjerge 5th. generation and CEO).
Our vision is to build a truly European Ancotrans network based on our values and ambition to become 100% CO2-neutral – #weareanco
Our mission is to deliver value to our customers by offering reliable container transport solutions and second to none knowhow – #seriouscontainerpower
Our long-term focus is to become more:
Our aim is to remain the preferred partner to our customers (carriers, forwarders and direct importers/exporters) throughout Europe.
Since the 1970s, the road transportation of all types of shipping containers has been our primary activity. We have around 900 trucks and 2000 chassis in daily rotation in an area covering Sweden, Denmark, Germany and The Benelux.
We never say no to transport.
Since it was founded in 1882, Ancotrans has expanded to the point where we have offices in Gothenburg, Helsingborg, Copenhagen, Aarhus, Hamburg, Rotterdam, Aalborg and Cologne.
1500 daily transports
€135 million turnover
100% climate offset possible
1450 daily transports
€110 million turnover
100% climate offset possible
A proud history and heritage
It all began with horse and carriage. In 1882 the founder, Anders Nielsen, offered horse powered transport of luggage to and from the ports of Copenhagen. From there the business grew, and from 1904 we operated as a trusted contractor for Københavns Frihavns Aktieselskab/Copenhagen’s Freeport. Since then, the company has been passed down from father to daughter and son-in-law, from son to son and, most recently from father to daughter.
When Henrik Steenbjerge came into the company in 1969 Ancotrans had a fleet of around fifty trucks and still a few horses in the stable! The trucks transported everything from beer to asphalt. Luckily, Henrik Steenbjerge saw the global tendency towards container freight and in the 1970s decided to focus on this niche. A very successful strategy. In 1982 Anders Nielsen & Co/Ancotrans opened our first office in Aarhus. And in 2008 we opened our first office outside Denmark; Ancotrans GmbH in Hamburg. Later more offices were opened to best serve our clients nationally as well as internationally.
Anders Nielsen begins in 1882
Carl Steenbjerge* begins in 1917
Åge Steenbjerge begins in 1933
Henrik Steenbjerge begins in 1969
Anne Kathrine Steenbjerge begins in 2003
* Anders Nielsen “only” had a daughter Olga Nielsen, who married Carl Steenbjerge, the Co. in our company name. They had a son Åge Steenbjerge, who inherited Anders Nielsen & Co. from his mother and father.
We are absolutely convinced that our Ancotrans values are the reason why we have been able to strive and survive as a company for centuries. Our values have evolved, lived, and sometimes been adjusted in an ever-changing world.
Each value represents the heart and soul of our company and the many employees that have built our company. Our values communicate who we are and how we wish to behave and be perceived internally and by our customers and partners.
Our values are the pillars from where we are hopefully ever-growing and evolving, and they should always be our green and yellow guiding stars.
- We value team spirit and togetherness
- We work together regardless of geography and titles
- We make each other better
- We are proud of our fighting spirit
- We want to do better tomorrow than we do today
- We believe everything is possible – until it isn’t
- We are informal and easy-going
- We like to have fun and release tension
- We joke even if there is not much to joke about
- We care for each other – and for the planet
- We treat colleagues, partners, and customers with humility, compassion, and respect
- We help when and where we can
- We are fair and honest in all interactions
- We say what we mean and mean what we say
- We make commitments with integrity